There are a few variables you need to consider when ordering and installing high speed industrial doors. Because there are so many fast roll up doors to pick from (all designed for specific applications), you do not want to end up with a high speed door that doesn’t hold up or is overkill for your specific needs. Paylon is there to help you properly select the right high-speed roll up door for your business.
Considerations for Industrial High-Speed Doors
- First let’s consider the door opening size. If this is new construction then you need to project the type of traffic that you will have now, and in the near future. Each roll up door does not require much room for 2 empty forklift to simultaneously pass through a doorway, but if they are carrying substantial loads, this will require a wider opening.
- Now let’s look at how many times per hour traffic will be going through the high-speed roll-up curtain doors. It may not seem like much, but 15 cycles per hour equates to over 31,000 cycles per year. A standard door simply will not hold up to that kind of high duty cycle abuse. The whole purpose of the fast roll up doors is to increase your production, not to keep your maintenance people busy.
- Now consider the environment and temperature that your high speed industrial doors will be subject to. Some doors will hold up better than others to dirt and the cold.
- Also consider if you have adequate space above your door way opening to accommodate the mechanism that holds the vinyl roll up door.
- Remember, you’ll spend more for this type of door compared to conventional doors but the paybacks are substantial when you choose a high speed industrial door.